At LCP we love what we do, and it shows. We help our clients make good decisions based on insightful analysis, industry expertise, and game-changing technology. We have exciting opportunities to further you career development in pensions administration in our Winchester office.
Who are the department and what is the role?
By joining our pension's administration department you will be part of a team of committed professionals that gives their clients the best possible service. Each day is spent working on a number of clients leading to variety in the work that you will do. As you develop you will take on more responsibility for the clients that you work on which will give you a real sense of client ownership and individual growth as you learn more about pensions in general, fully supported with a comprehensive training programme and professional qualifications support
What will you be doing?
- Benefit calculations, either by a manual calculation, using a proforma and by using the relevant pension's administration system calculation routine
- Working through relevant checklists for each individual case and following procedures
- Understanding that appropriate authorisation is required before releasing information
- Preparing bulk mailings of annual newsletters, pension increases etc.
- Communicating with members and other third parties
- Gaining and applying knowledge of clients through day to day work, speaking with colleagues and partners and referring to the scheme's administration guide and specific notes
- Being aware of what is scheme specific and not necessarily applicable for all schemes
- Ensuring compliance with LCP procedures when completing cases
- Keeping up to date with changes in legislation
- Understanding preservation, statutory increases, contracting-out (including GMPs) and the current pensions tax regime
- Drafting non-standard letters where required
- Recognising non-standard cases (e.g. part-timers)
- Showing awareness of the General Data Protection Regulations and applying these at all times
- And much more!
What skills, experience, and qualities do you need for this role?
- Educated to 'A' level, degree level or equivalent
- Experience with administering DB (defined benefit) pension schemes
- Working towards/undertaking the relevant training courses and subsequent exams in order to gain the Award in Pensions Essentials (APE) and the Certificate in Pensions Calculations (CPC)
- Excellent organisational and attention to detail skills
- The ability to work on your own and also as part of a larger team
- A high standard of professionalism at all times
- Flexibility of hours worked/duties undertaken
- Committed and keen to learn
Our biggest strength is our people. We are home to talented, well-recognised industry experts, and we are committed to ensuring a bright and interesting future for all.
We work with you to develop your personal and professional skills to help you build a successful career within the firm. We aim to recruit and develop the best people who enjoy the challenge of providing the highest level of work.
We strive to build an inclusive workplace where all forms of diversity are valued, including gender, race, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability or background.
If you want to apply for this role please send your CV to our recruitment team firstname.lastname@example.org
PSL recruitment agencies please speak to your contact in HR before submitting CV's