LCP is an award-winning consultancy providing advice on insurance, pensions, investment, energy and employee benefits. We advise nearly one quarter of the FTSE250 and half of the FTSE100 firms. We are a team of over 650, including 35 general insurance specialists.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a part-qualified qualified actuary to join our insurance consulting team in London.
Who are the insurance team and what is the role?
We are the leading independent general insurance actuarial consultancy in the UK, with no links to audit or broking services. We provide a full range of insurance actuarial and consulting advice, supporting business transformation and strategy, reserving, capital management, underwriting and pricing, reinsurance, risk management and regulatory compliance.
We are looking for a nearly qualified actuary with the ability to manage their own workloads, help run projects effectively, work well with clients and help develop junior colleagues.
What will you be doing?
- Presenting clear, practical solutions to client problems using arrange of actuarial methods and software
- Planning and executing work in reasonable timescales to stipulated or agreed deadlines and budgets
- Delegating work to more junior team members and reporting to lead consultants for each project
- Checking work done by other team members
- Building, updating, parameterising and modifying actuarial models, including those used to project reserves and model capital
- Assisting in tenders and pitches for new business
- Drafting reports, letters and presentations
- Attending conferences and networking effectively with clients and prospects, building stronger relationships and increasing contacts
- Providing technical training to colleagues from time to time
- Maintaining up to date knowledge of legislation and professional guidance
- Attending client meetings with senior staff and partners and producing meeting notes for review
What skills and experience are we looking for?
- 2-3 years of experience in general insurance and making good progress with the actuarial exams
- Knowledge of the main reserving methods used i.e. chain ladder and Bornhuetter-Fergusson with the allowance for unusual data features e.g. large losses, changes in the mix of business
- A good working knowledge of the features of the main types of insurance business, concepts and terminology
- Excel model building skills
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- The ability to obtain the respect of junior staff and the confidence of consultants and partners
- Commercial awareness
- Commitment to improving own understanding in new areas
- Well organised with the ability to prioritise workloads to meet deadlines
Why work for LCP?
Our biggest strength is our people. We are home to talented, well-recognised industry experts, and we are committed to ensuring a bright and interesting future for all.
We work with you to develop your personal and professional skills to help you build a successful career within the firm. We aim to recruit and develop the best people who enjoy the challenge of providing the highest quality of work for our clients.
We strive to build an inclusive workplace where all forms of diversity are valued, including gender, race, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability or background.
If you want to apply for this role please email your CV, current salary details and expectations to our recruitment team firstname.lastname@example.org
PSL recruitment agencies please speak to your contact in HR before submitting CV's