At LCP we love what we do and it shows. We help our clients make good decisions based on insightful analysis, industry expertise, and game-changing technology.
Who are we?
Our investment consulting department is very well known and very highly respected within our industry. We advise a large range of clients, both Trustee and Corporate, and count a significant share of the FTSE 100 companies receiving advice from across our business.
If you desire to be part of a client and people focussed organisation where opportunities to work with senior, well know industry professional are the rule, not the exception and where you will be supported to develop your skills to make you the best you can be then we would love to hear from you.
What experience and skills are we looking for?
- Minimum of four years’ experience in a pension fund investment consultancy or have a background in a pensions consultancy, with some direct experience in an investment advisory role for at least a year
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, including drafting advice that he/she would be happy to sign
- Time management and delegation ability, to juggle variable, sometimes high, workloads
- Work to agreed deadlines and give regular unsolicited progress reports
- Good Excel and project management skills
- Gain the confidence of partners and other staff
- Work within a team environment and participate positively in team discussions
- Share ideas and present persuasive arguments
- Demonstrate commercial awareness
What will we expect you to be doing?
- Run spreadsheet models in connection with investment strategy
- Assist the Consultant in identifying suitable investment strategies
- Identify suitable investment structures to implement strategies, taking into account individual client’s circumstances and preferences
- Conduct investment manager research and formulate views on investment managers’ capabilities
- Conduct investment manager selection exercises, leading clients to reach decisions on managers
- Calculate investment performance figures for performance monitoring purposes
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of market practice and legislation
- Draft performance monitoring reports, including commentary, to a level where the report needs only a brief review by the signatory
- Understand the basis of transfers of assets between investment managers and liaise with managers during the transfer
- Undertake performance and risk assessment of portfolios
- Review work done by other staff, including both detailed checks and a check for overall reasonableness
- Draft non-standard documents to a standard where they are suitable for review by the signatory
Our biggest strength is our people. We are home to talented, well-recognised industry experts, and we are committed to ensuring a bright and interesting future for all staff.
We work with you to develop your personal and professional skills to help you build a successful career within the firm. We aim to recruit and develop the best people who enjoy the challenge of providing the highest quality of service to our clients.
We strive to build an inclusive workplace where all forms of diversity are valued, including gender, race, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability or background.
If you would like further details about the role, or to discuss any individual requirements you may have, please contact our recruitment team firstname.lastname@example.org