At LCP we love what we do, and it shows. We help our clients make good decisions based on insightful analysis, industry expertise, and game-changing technology.
We have an exciting opportunity for an ambitious associate consultant, with at demonstable experience in the UK DB pension investment consulting sector, to join our team in London or Winchester.
Who are the team?
Our investment consulting department is very well known and very highly respected within our industry. We advise a large range of clients, both Trustee and Corporate, and count a significant share of the FTSE 100 companies receiving advice from across our business.
If you desire to be part of a client and people focussed organisation where opportunities to work with senior, well know industry professional are the rule, not the exception and where you will be supported to develop your skills to make you the best you can be then we would love to hear from you.
What experience, qualities and skills are we looking for?
- Demonstrable experience in a pension fund investment consultancy or have a background in a pensions consultancy, with some direct experience in an investment advisory role for at least a year
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, including drafting advice that you would be happy to sign
- Time management and delegation skills, to juggle variable, sometimes high, workloads
- The ability to work to agreed deadlines and give regular unsolicited progress reports
- Good Excel and project management skills
- The ability to gain the confidence of partners and other colleagues
- A team player who participates positively in team discussions
- Open to sharing ideas and presenting persuasive arguments
- A keen commercial awareness
What will you be doing?
- Assisting consultants in identifying suitable investment strategies
- Identifying suitable investment structures to implement strategies, taking into account individual client’s circumstances and preferences
- Calculating investment performance figures for performance monitoring purposes
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of market practice and legislation
- Drafting performance monitoring reports, including commentary, to a level where the report needs only a brief review by the signatory
- Understanding the basis of transfers of assets between investment managers and liaise with managers during the transfer
- Undertaking performance and risk assessment of portfolios
- Reviewing work done by other staff, including both detailed checks and a check for overall reasonableness
Over time there may be opportunities to work on the development and coding of our technology, and/or to conduct investment manager research, formulating views on investment manager's capabilities
What's in it for you?
As well as joining a fun, collaborative, people orientated organisation where your personal and professional skills will be developed to make you the best you can be, we offer an attractive benefits package designed to promote your overall wellbeing so that you are able to perform to your full potential both in and out of work.
We continuously strive to build an inclusive workplace where all forms of diversity are valued, including age, background, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, religion or sexual orientation.
If you want to apply for this role please send your CV along with salary expectations and current notice period (if applicable) to our recruitment team email@example.com
In addition, if you would like to talk to someone about any adjustments you may need to assist with your application process, please contact Karina Lee (In-House Recruiter) by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a confidential conversation.
PSL recruitment agencies please speak to your contact in HR before submitting CVs