At LCP we love what we do, and it shows. We help our clients make good decisions based on insightful analysis, industry expertise and game-changing technology.
Due to continued growth we now have an exciting opportunity for a qualified accountant to join us as a Covenant Consultant in London.
Who are the team?
The Covenant consulting team at LCP is rapidly growing and well respected within the industry. The team provides full service financial advice to a arrange of clients and has established itself as one of the key players in the covenant advisory market. Our aim is to continue on our growth path and we now have an exciting for a Consultant to join us on our journey!
What role will you be playing?
You will play a key role in the provision of advice to our clients (trustees of defined benefit pension schemes and companies which support defined benefit pension schemes). This will include:
- On client projects, analysis of financial data, industry and market research, preparing written advice and presenting our findings
- Assisting in publicising LCP's covenant practice, both internally to the firm and externally in the wider pensions world
- Presenting internal training sessions
- Presenting external training sessions on topical covenant related matters (e.g. to trustees)
- Attending client meetings or new business pitches as appropriate
- Monitoring media and financial releases relating to our clients
- Supporting Partners and the Covenant Team with other ad-hoc tasks which will include business development, preparing tender documents and design of new media content and marketing materials
- Supporting LCP's wider integrated risk management initiatives
- Keeping abreast of developments in the market, regulatory guidance and anticipating clients' needs in light of these
What specific tasks will you be doing?
You will be providing covenant advice to a portfolio of trustee and corporate clients for a range of scheme types and sizes, including:
- Leading the preparation of covenant assessments to support actuarial valuations
- Leading the preparation of covenant assessments in the context of corporate activity, including M&A transactions, refinancing, restructuring, pension scheme mergers and any other event which impacts upon covenant strength
- Leading the ongoing maintenance and preparation of covenant monitoring programmes
- Advising clients on ways in which the covenant might be strengthened
- Leading the analysis of the support provided to pension schemes by guarantors
Pro-actively engaging and communicating with clients, including:
- Discussing financial data with finance teams at companies sponsoring pensions schemes
- Liaising with colleagues at LCP who provide other services to those clients as appropriate
- Producing written advice
- Attending meetings with clients where appropriate
Marketing LCP's covenant services, including:
- Assisting on the tendering process for new covenant advisory appointments, both to existing LCP clients, and to clients where there is no existing advisory relationship with LCP
- Assisting in the development of marketing material for external use
- Publicising the covenant service within LCP
What essential skills, qualities and experience are we looking for?
- Qualified Chartered Accountant (100% first time passes preferred) with at least 2 years post qualified experience
- Experience working in the Defined Benefits Pensions industry, specifically within covenant areas (however, other backgrounds will be relevant if you do not have this experience, e.g. restructuring, corporate finance)
- Understanding of employer covenant matters arising from defined benefit pension schemes and related issues
- Ability to analyse statutory and management accounts, forecasts, and other financial information
- Ability to create intuitive conclusions from relevant financial information
- To be collaborative in approach, working well within a team structure
- The ability to demonstrate clear, accurate and concise communication skills, both written and spoken
- Ability to obtain the confidence of Partners by taking responsibility to ensure work is done to a high standard and within deadlines
- The capability and confidence to suggest innovative ideas of working
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Experience of report writing, and extensive experience with Microsoft Outlook
- A commercial awareness in all aspects of work
- Delegating work to and effectively managing junior staff to ensure that work is delivered in a timely and efficient manner
- A commitment to delivering high quality work to clients and developing your career at LCP
Our biggest strength is our people. We are home to talented, well-recognised industry experts, and we are committed to ensuring a bright and interesting future for all.
We work with you to develop your personal and professional skills to help you build a successful career within the firm. We aim to recruit and develop the best people who enjoy the challenge of providing the highest quality of work for our clients.
We strive to build an inclusive workplace where all forms of diversity are valued, including gender, race, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability or background.
If you would like further details about the role, or to discuss any individual requirements you may have, please contact our recruitment team firstname.lastname@example.org