LCP is an award-winning consultancy providing advice on pensions, investment, insurance, energy and employee benefits. We advise nearly one quarter of the FTSE250 and half of the FTSE100 firms. We are a team of over 650, including over 40 defined contribution (DC) pensions specialists.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a DC analyst to join us in our DC practice in London.
Who are the DC practice?
Our DC practice is very well known and highly respected within our industry. As the largest independent DC consultancy, we advise over £18bn of DC assets across more than 100 DC schemes, both Trustee and Corporate, providing advice on own-trust based schemes, Master Trusts and Group Personal Pensions. If you strive to be part of a client and people focussed organisation where opportunities to work with senior, well known industry professionals is the rule, not the exception, and where you will be supported to develop your skills to make you the best you can be then we would love to hear from you.
What will you be doing?
- Carrying out detailed member analysis to help clients understand their membership demographic, and feeding this into advice we give to clients
- Conducting investment manager research and DC provider research and sharing this with colleagues
- Calculating investment performance figures for performance monitoring purposes
- Drafting performance monitoring reports, including commentary, for checking
- Carrying out regular reviews of Additional Voluntary Contribution ("AVC") arrangements for DB and DC clients
- Understanding the basis of asset transfers of assets between investment managers and to liaise with managers during the transfer
- Helping senior colleagues conduct governance reviews of trustee boards and governance groups against industry best practice
- Helping design DC scheme benefits
- Maintaining up to date knowledge of market practice and legislation
- Drafting letter and reports for review by senior colleagues
What skills and experience do you need?
- Degree educated with at least 12 months experience in a UK pension fund investment consultancy
- Studying towards the CFA, FIA or APMI qualifications
- Excellent attention to detail
- Time management and the ability to juggle variable, sometimes high, workloads
- Ability to work in a team environment and to participate positively in team discussions
- A commitment to delivering high quality work to clients
- Good Excel and project management skills
- Commercial awareness
Our biggest strength is our people. We are home to talented, well-recognised industry experts, and we are committed to ensuring a bright and interesting future for all.
We work with you to develop your personal and professional skills to help you build a successful careers within the firm. We aim to recruit the best people who enjoy the challenge of providing the highest level of work for our clients.
We strive to build an inclusive workplace where all forms of diversity are valued, including gender, race, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability and background.
If you would like further details about the role, or to discuss any individual requirements you may have, please contact our recruitment team firstname.lastname@example.org