At LCP we love what we do, and it shows. We help our clients make good decisions based on insightful analysis, industry expertise, and game-changing technology.
We now have an exciting opportunity in our DC (defined contribution) practice for an associate consultant to join our industry leading team.
Who are the team?
Our DC consulting department comprises of around 45 dedicated DC consultants. We advise over £25 billion in DC assets, including some of the largest DC schemes in the UK. Our strong position in the market is supported by our award-winning technology which helps clients improve governance, investment and communication in their DC schemes, with the ultimate aim of achieving better outcomes for their members. Because we don't provide fiduciary management services or have links with a DC pension provider we are able to provide un-conflicted, independent advice.
What will you be doing?
- Presenting clear, practical solutions to client problems using a range of consulting methods and software
- Assisting the consultant in identifying suitable investment strategies
- Identifying suitable investment structures to implement strategies, considering individual clients' circumstances and preferences
- Maintaining up to date knowledge of market practice and legislation
- Checking performance monitoring reports, including commentary and investment performance figures, to a level where the reports need only a brief review by the signatory
- Conducting investment manager selection exercises, leading clients to reach decisions on managers
- Understanding the basis of transfers of assets between investment managers and liaising with managers during the transfer
- Undertaking performance and risk assessment of portfolios
- Reviewing work done by other team members, including both detailed checks and a check for overall reasonableness
What skills, experience and qualities are we looking for?
- A minimum of three years' experience in the UK DC pension fund investment industry
- Making good progress towards the CFA, FIA or APMI qualification
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- A team player who can also work independently
- Excellent Excel and project management skills
- Excellent time management and delegation ability
- Commercial awareness
What's in it for you?
As well as joining a fun, collaborative, people orientated organisation where your personal and professional skills will be developed to make you the best you can be, we offer an attractive benefits package designed to promote your overall wellbeing so that you are able to perform to your full potential both in and out of work.
We continuously strive to build an inclusive workplace where all forms of diversity are valued, including age, background, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, religion or sexual orientation.
If you want to apply for this role please send your CV along with your salary expectations and current notice period (if applicable) to our recruitment team firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition, if you would like to talk to someone about any adjustments you may need to assist with your application process, please contact Karina Lee (In-House Recruiter) by emailing email@example.com to arrange a confidential conversation.
PSL recruitment agencies please speak to your contact in HR before submitting CVs