LCP is an award-winning actuarial and analytics consultancy providing advice on pensions, investments, employee benefits, insurance, health and energy.
Due to continued growth in our Health Analytics department we now have an exciting opportunity for a Business Development Lead to join our team. You will lead our business development by building relationships with strategic targets, particularly across the pharmaceutical sector, developing opportunities that lead to increased presence across the health sector, reinforcing our brand and credentials.
As an important part of an exciting and growing team, proactive and collaborative approaches to working will be key. Whilst you will be supported and developed by the Health Analytics leadership group, this role will suit an individual with initiative and excellent knowledge of the health sector.
Who are the department?
In 2020 we launched our Health Analytics practice, providing services across Life Sciences and Population Health Management for healthcare providers. Our team brings together health experts alongside our established actuarial, analytics and technology teams to deliver new solutions for the fundamental challenges in health. We have been growing the team quickly in response to the demand/opportunities we are seeing for the innovative service offerings we have developed.
What's the role?
There will be opportunity for you to shape the role and develop with the team. Broadly speaking you will help deliver the growth strategy and build an established market presence and to establish LCP Health Analytics as thought leaders across the sector. As such, some of your key responsibilities will be as follows;
- Working closely with the Head of Health Analytics on our upcoming pipeline of projects, identifying new opportunities and leveraging existing connections to generate new leads across target markets
- Supporting and following up on prospects including proposal development
- Helping with tenders including identifying appropriate frameworks and opportunities
- Coordinating development of prospecting materials
- Contributing industry knowledge to the development of proposals and client work
- Actively contributing regular content pieces
- Building on work to date in fostering relationships with key decision makers across Health and NHS policy within the UK
- Coordinating the content production across the Health Analytics team including liaising with our BD colleagues and PR agency
- Actively identifying opportunities for strategic content, commentary and projects cognisant of landscape across the health sector
- Managing social media channels including LinkedIn and Twitter
- Working with our BD team in event coordination and advertising
What experience, skills and qualities do you need for this position?
- A minimum of 6 years experience in the UK healthcare and/or life sciences industry
- A graduate level of education
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, confident in presenting to a wide audience with the ability to explain complex issues to others
- Enjoyment in working as part of a small and dynamic team, comfortable leading your portfolio of work alongside working with other team members on short term projects
- Initiative and creativity
- Experience in PowerPoint (or similar) in the development of slides and promotional packs
- Experience with CRM programmes is highly desirable
- Excellent time management skills, keeping pace with latest developments across the sector and the ability to communicate these to your colleagues
- A commitment to meet strict deadlines and manage workloads accordingly
What's in it for you?
As well as joining a fun, collaborative, people orientated organisation where your personal and professional skills will be developed to make you the best you can be, we offer an attractive benefits package designed to promote your overall wellbeing so that you are able to perform to your full potential both in and out of work.
We continuously strive to build an inclusive workplace where all forms of diversity are valued, including age, background, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, religion or sexual orientation.
If you want to apply for this role please send your CV along with salary expectations and current notice period (if applicable) to our recruitment team email@example.com
In addition, if you would like to talk to someone about any adjustments you may need to assist with your application process, please contact Karina Lee (In-House Recruiter) by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a confidential conversation.
PSL recruitment agencies please speak to your contact in HR before submitting CVs