At LCP we love what we do, and it shows. We help our clients make good decisions based on insightful analysis, industry expertise, and game-changing technology.
Due to continued growth and demand we now have opportunities for a investment analyst/associate consultants to join our investment consulting division in London in a position which has more of a technology focus rather than a traditional consulting role.
Who are the department?
Our investment consulting department provides investment advice to, mostly, UK DB pension schemes. We help our clients achieve the best outcomes for their schemes by advising them on investment strategy and which managers to invest their funds with. This role will focus more on our Investment Technology offering (including modelling and monitoring applications) and joining our growing team to evolve this offering and service existing end users.
What do you need to be able to demonstrate to be successful in applying for this role?
- Degree educated (or equivalent) and maybe studying towards a professional qualification
- You are already performing a similar role in the investment consulting sector or possibly a performance monitoring role in the UK institutional (pensions) asset management industry
- Experience of asset liability modelling and its application to providing strategic investment advice to investment clients with an enthusiasm for technological approaches to deliver both modelling and monitoring output directly to clients in an intuitive and engaging fashion
- Experience of monitoring (e.g. performance monitoring, attribution and reporting) and its application for investment clients
- An understanding of different types of investments and different types of monitoring applicable to each investment type
- Experience of designing/developing such models and dealing with internal and external stakeholders' requirements to deliver functionality that will be used across the Investment department and externally
- The ability to work with our development teams in the design of new functionality for our technological applications, including the drafting of specification documents. Please note that this role will not involve programming, but an understanding of the principles involved in the programming of technological applications would be very desirable
- The ability to test new functionality including testing of calculations from first principles and testing of user interfaces
- Excellent Excel skills. An understanding of programming languages (C#, VBA) would be excellent but not essential
- The ability to delegate tasks effectively and juggle variable workloads
- Experience of client service, including building client relations, ensuring client needs are met and identified and building awareness of the wider offering across the firm applicable to a particular client
- Share ideas and present persuasive arguments
- Participate positively in team discussions and a team player ethic
Our biggest strength is our people. We are home to talented, well-recognised industry experts, and we are committed to ensuring a bright and interesting future for all.
We work with you to develop your personal and professional skills to help you build a successful career within the firm. We aim to recruit and develop the best people who enjoy the challenge of providing the highest level of work.
We strive to build an inclusive workplace where all forms of diversity are valued, including gender, race, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability or background.
If you want to apply for this role please send your CV along with salary expectations and current notice period (if applicable) to our recruitment team firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition, if you would like to talk to someone about any adjustments you may need to assist with your application process, please contact Karina Lee (In-House Recruiter) by emailing email@example.com to arrange a confidential conversation.
PSL recruitment agencies please speak to your contact in HR before submitting CVs