At LCP we love what we do and it shows. We help our clients make good decisions based on insightful analysis, industry expertise and game-changing technology.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual, with UK pension scheme experience to join our pension management consulting (PMC) team in London as an analyst.
As an analyst joining LCP's PMC team what can you expect?
- To be involved in a broad mixture of client and non-client work
- To join a number of client teams of varying sizes, each made up of people ranging from analyst to partner level, working for a range of different clients
- To be encouraged to develop your skills, knowledge and understanding in all aspects of the pensions and benefits field
- To participate in a comprehensive training programme covering technical, IT and soft skills
- To work with and to learn from experienced colleague
- To be supported in studying towards relevant professional exams
- To develop, over time, the skills required to be an effective and successful consultant
- To be able to take every opportunity to progress at LCP
- To be judged on and rewarded for ability, commitment and performance.
What will you be doing?
You will be involved in supporting other colleagues and partners in a wide range of advice provided by the LCP Trustee and Corporate pensions consultancy practices. This will include;
- Trustee secretarial services
- Benefit and reward strategy
- Trustee governance reviews (including trustee effectiveness and risk management)
- Pensions management support
- Communications exercises
- Flexible benefits and salary sacrifice arrangements
- Procurement exercises
- Project management
- Delivering training to clients and colleagues
- Data cleansing projects
What specific tasks will you be doing?
- Drafting advice, letters and reports
- Analysing data and performing calculations
- Attending internal and client meetings taking notes and/or minutes
- Communicating with clients and their advisors by phone and email
- Updating project management documents
- Setting up clients on our governance system
- Providing interim support to clients by working on-site at their offices
What experience, skills and personal qualities do you need to apply for this role?
- Degree educated and already started, or willing to study towards, qualifying as an Associate of the Pensions Management Institute
- Experience within the UK pensions consulting industry
- Problem solving and numerical ability
- Excellent communication skills
- A team player
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Organisational skills
- Experience using Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel
- A professional attitude
- Commercial awareness
- Commitment. The nature of LCP’s work is such that it is sometimes necessary to work additional hours to meet client deadlines. Whilst most of the additional hours are normally worked by more senior members of the team, analysts may be expected to work some extra hours from time to time
Our biggest strength is our people. We are home to talented, well-recognised industry experts, and we are committed to ensuring a bright and interesting future for all.
We work with you to develop your personal and professional skills to help you build a successful career within the firm. We aim to recruit and develop the best people who enjoy the challenge of providing the highest level of work.
We strive to build an inclusive workplace where all forms of diversity are valued, including gender, race, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability or background.
If you would like further details about the role, or to discuss any individual requirements you may have, please contact our recruitment team email@example.com