At LCP we love what we do and it shows. We help our clients make good decisions based on insightful analysis, industry expertise and game-changing technology.
We have an exciting opportunity for a technically strong and experienced nearly/newly qualified Consultant to join our team. This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious career minded individual wanting a challenging and rewarding career.
Our pensions actuarial department is very well known and very highly respected within our industry. We advise a large range of clients, both Trustee and Corporate, and count a significant share of the FTSE 100 companies receiving advice from across our business.
If you desire to be part of a client and people focussed organisation where opportunities to work with senior, well know industry professional are the rule, not the exception and where you will be supported to develop your skills to make you the best you can be then we would love to hear from you.
As a consultant joining the pensions actuarial department what can you expect?
- Working with a variety of clients, some trustee and some corporate, for a range of scheme types and sizes
- Attending client meetings with the client partner
- Presenting technical issues at a client meeting from time to time
- Acting as a key point of contact for clients on a day-to-day basis, by phone and e-mail
- Managing a small team of actuarial staff to produce client work on time and within budget
- Providing training from time to time to more junior actuarial staff
- Leading the core work on actuarial valuations for funding purposes, solvency testing and buy-in analysis
- Drafting pieces of advice, either from scratch or using template documents or precedents, to a standard where they are ready to be sent out
- Reviewing draft trust deeds and rules and member booklets
- Reviewing individual member calculations including transfers-in, transfers-out, early retirements, benefit augmentations, maximum authorised cash lump sums and taxation limits
- Producing sets of factors for transfers-in, transfers-out, early retirement, commutation etc and specifying benefit calculations for pensions administrators
- Drafting announcements to members and advising on member communications
- Calculations for disclosure in company accounts (under IAS19 and/or US GAAP)
- Estimating Pension Protection Fund levies and calculating Actuarial Certificates of Deficit Reduction Contributions
- Preparing cash flows for use in asset-liability models
- Monitoring pension scheme funding levels on an ongoing basis - this might be used as part of a dynamic investment strategy
- Taking a pro-active role in keeping clients up-to-date on technical developments and anticipating their needs, and keeping the client partner informed of progress
- Liaising with other client advisers, both internal and external, to ensure efficient provision of advice
- Helping respond to invitations to tender for new business and potentially being involved in business pitches
What essential skills and personal qualities do I need to apply for this role?
- You must be about to become a qualified FIA / FFA or have up to 4 years post qualification experience
- Have excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Be fully conversant with all technical aspects of UK pensions work
- Have supervisory experience of more junior actuarial staff
- Be capable of working to tight deadlines
- Be committed to delivering high quality work to clients and developing his/her career at LCP
- Fully demonstrate commercial awareness and be pro-active with clients.
What's in it for you?
As well as joining a fun, collaborative, people orientated organisation where your personal and professional skills will be developed to make you the best you can be, we offer an attractive benefits package designed to promote your overall wellbeing so that you are able to perform to your full potential both in and out of work.
We continuously strive to build an inclusive workplace where all forms of diversity are valued, including age, background, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, religion or sexual orientation.
If you would like further details about this position please contact our recruitment team firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition, if you would like to talk to someone about any adjustments you may need to assist with your application process, please contact Karina Lee (In-House Recruiter) by emailing email@example.com to arrange a confidential conversation.
PSL recruitment agencies please speak to your contact in HR before submitting CVs