LCP is a leading independent, owner managed pensions, investment and insurance consultancy in the UK and Ireland. We help our clients leverage the latest technology and analytics across a range of industries to help them be at the forefront of data driven and digital solutions.
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced pensions and governance consultant to join our growing Pensions Management Consulting team in London.
What's the role?
The focus of this position will be to deliver exceptional governance advice and support to both trustee and sponsors of pension schemes, as well as delivering trustee executive and secretarial services.
What will your duties and responsibilities be?
- Helping to develop and deliver governance consulting services in relation to the new requirements arising from the Pensions Regulator's Single code of Practice, particularly ESOG and ORA requirements
- To contribute to governance thought leadership and help support the strategic development of our governance and trustee secretariat services
- Undertaking governance reviews in areas such as board effectiveness and risk management
- Delivering professional and proactive trustee secretarial services to a number of clients, working in either a lead role or supporting a wider team
- Providing in-house support to clients from time to time as required, potentially in the capacity of Pensions Manager, Trustee Secretary or pensions team member
- Participating in new business tender processes, including pitches, and contributing to the development and marketing of our services including delivering internal presentations to the firm and training sessions
- Effectively managing client relationships and demonstrating a high level of self-motivation to seek new opportunities for development
What qualifications, skills and experience are we looking for?
- Demonstrable experience in providing pensions governance consulting support either in-house or at another consultancy
- APMI or FPMI qualified
- A strong understanding of all aspects of scheme governance, including thoughts on current trends and developments in the industry
- Experience acting as a named Trustee Secretary on a trust-based pension arrangement, carrying out all aspects of trustee (and committee) meeting support and proactively producing other consulting support to help trustees fulfil their governance and other responsibilities
- DB & DC trust-based experience
- Up to date legislative knowledge and a familiarity of the Pensions Regulator's Codes of practice and guidance
- Excellent communication skills
- Commercial awareness
- A team player who can work collaboratively
What's in it for you?
As well as joining a fun, collaborative, people orientated organisation where your personal and professional skills will be developed to make you the best you can be, we offer an attractive benefits package designed to promote your overall wellbeing so that you are able to perform to your full potential both in and out of work.
We continuously strive to build an inclusive workplace where all forms of diversity are valued, including age, background, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, religion or sexual orientation.
If you want to apply for this role please send your CV along with your salary expectations and current notice period (if applicable) to our recruitment team email@example.com
In addition, if you would like to talk to someone about any adjustments you may need to assist with your application process, please contact Karina Lee (In-House Recruiter) by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a confidential conversation.
PSL recruitment agencies please speak to your contact in HR before submitting CVs