LCP is a leading independent, owner managed pensions, investment and insurance consultancy in the UK and Ireland. We help our clients leverage the latest technology and analytics across a range of industries to help them be at the forefront of data driven and digital solutions.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a senior governance consultant to join our growing Pensions Management Consulting team in London at a very exciting time for the industry.
What's the role?
The focus of this position will be to to deliver exceptional governance advice and support to both trustees and sponsors of pension schemes, as well as delivering trustee executive and secretarial services which form a core component of our advisory service.
What will your duties and responsibilities be?
- Developing and delivering governance consulting services in relation to the new requirements arising from the Pensions Regulator's Single code of Practice, particularly ESOG and ORA requirements
- Delivering governance thought leadership by bringing fresh ideas and providing strategic input into the development of LCP's governance and trustee secretariat services
- Leading governance reviews in areas such as broad effectiveness and risk management
- Delivering professional and proactive trustee executive and secretariat services to one or more clients, working in either a lead role or supporting a wider team
- Providing in-house support to clients, from time to time when required, in the capacity of Pensions Manager, Trustee Secretary or pensions team member
- Leading new business tender processes, including pitches, and contribute to the development and marketing of our services including delivering internal and external presentations and training sessions
- Effectively managing client relationships and demonstrating a high level of self-motivation to seek new opportunities for development
What knowledge, skills and experience are we looking for?
- Significant, demonstrable experience providing pensions governance support at another consultancy, specialist governance firm or large in-house team
- APMI or FPMI qualified
- A strong understanding of all aspects of scheme governance, including thoughts on current trends and industry developments
- DB & DC trust-based experience
- Familiarity of the Pensions Regulator's Codes of Practice and guidance
- You must have trustee executive and secretariat experience and be confident carrying out all aspects of trustee (and committee) meeting support, as well as proactively providing other consulting support to help trustees fulfil their governance and other responsibilities
- Excellent client relationship skills
- Excellent commercial awareness and previous experience of carrying out marketing and new business activity
- A keen interest in good governance and a passion for helping boards operate more effectively
- Up to date legislative knowledge
- A team player attitude and willingness to support the learning of others in the team
What's in it for you?
As well as joining a fun, collaborative, people orientated organisation where your personal and professional skills will be developed to make you the best you can be, we offer an attractive benefits package designed to promote your overall wellbeing so that you are able to perform to your full potential both in and out of work.
We continuously strive to build an inclusive workplace where all forms of diversity are valued, including age, background, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, religion or sexual orientation.
If you want to apply for this role please send your CV along with your salary expectations and current notice period (if applicable) to our recruitment team email@example.com
In addition, if you would like to talk to someone about any adjustments you may need to assist with your application process, please contact Karina Lee (In-House Recruiter) by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a confidential conversation.
PSL recruitment agencies please speak to your contact in HR before submitting CVs