At LCP we love what we do, and it shows. We help our clients make good decisions based on insightful analysis, industry expertise, and game-changing technology.
We currently have an opening for a pensions scheme accountant to join our team in Winchester.
What's the role?
This is an excellent opportunity for a pension scheme accountant who will work as part of the pensions administration department in our accounting team, providing accounting services to clients and other teams across the business. The successful candidate will be based in Winchester but will, from time to time, be required to work in our London office.
What will you be doing?
You will be preparing Pension Scheme Report & Accounts for schemes within timescales for a portfolio of clients which will involve:
- Reconciliation of investments and AVC accounts, preparation of statutory pension scheme Trustee Report and Accounts with supporting working papers, including preparation of the Trustee’s Report and any other accompanying information
- Managing auditors through the audit process, ensuring that the provision of information and resolution of queries are completed to enable the accounts to be published within the legally prescribed timescales and client requirements
- Attendance at client and auditor meetings as required
In addition you will also be assisting in other aspects of the teams' work which will include:
- Operation of client bank accounts
- Bank reconciliations on a daily/weekly/monthly basis
- Liaising with banks to verify payments and/or raising or checking of benefit payments
- Producing monthly/quarterly income and expenditure reports
- Supporting/owning ad-hoc project work
What skills, experience and qualities do you need for the role?
- Experience of pension scheme accounts and investment accounting is absolutely essential, including an understanding of pension scheme SORP
- AAT or similar qualification is preferable
- A background in audit is useful
- Numerate with excellent attention to detail
- Well organised with the ability to work alone and as part of a team
Our biggest strength is our people. We are home to talented, well-recognised industry experts, and we are committed to ensuring a bright and interesting future for all.
We work with you to develop your personal and professional skills to help you build a successful career within the firm. We aim to recruit and develop the best people who enjoy the challenge of providing the highest level of work.
We strive to build an inclusive workplace where all forms of diversity are valued, including gender, race, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability or background.
If you want to apply for this role please send your CV along with your salary expectations and current notice period (if applicable) to our recruitment team firstname.lastname@example.org