At LCP we love what we do, and it shows. We help our clients make good decisions based on insightful analysis, industry expertise, and game-changing technology.
We have an exciting opportunity for a passionate and skilled, predominantly back-end focussed, senior developer to join the small team that develops and supports our brand new system, "Pulse", to support our pension scheme clients.
What's the role?
At LCP we advise and support pension schemes. We have been developing "Pulse", our new cloud-based system for managing a pension scheme. It includes:
- A portal for pension scheme members to look at the pension they will receive and model their options for when they retire.
- In house tools for pension administrators to manage case work, manage member data to help them support pension scheme members
- A portal for our clients (the pension scheme trustees) to monitor what is happening in the scheme
Integrations with payroll, back accounts and more to automate data flows and increasingly move to member self-service.
Pulse began development in 2019 and is now live with its first clients. It is fully cloud based (Azure) and is developing rapidly as we look to automate and extend our services. Pulse is already the best framework in the industry, and we want to pull away from the competition with what we can go on to achieve with it.
What will you be doing?
- Working mostly on the server (or server-less) side in conjunction with front-end developers across different areas including security, apis, databases, connectivity, deployment, monitoring and performance
- Taking ownership of a given task/functional requirement and getting it out to users with support from the wider team
What essential skills and personal qualities do you need for this position?
- Experience of running a small/medium sized team
- A demonstrable track record of delivering cloud systems
- Experience with C# and broader .NET framework including .NET Core.
- Familiarity with cloud technologies, specifically Azure including some of Azure functions, Azure SQL, Azure B2C, Service fabric and blob storage
- Experience with the traditional Microsoft web stack – IIS, ASP, .NET
- Continuous Integration, build/deployment pipelines
- A team player, able to work closely with the wider team and develop junior team members. Open to other’s ideas and different ways of working
- Positive can-do approach to any task but also willing to question requirements and approaches
- The ability to solve problems and find solutions using the right services and tools
- The ability to adapt and learn on the job
In addition there are a few things which it would be useful to have but not necessarily essential. These are:
- Git source code management / branching strategies and use of Azure DevOps
- Experience with front end frameworks (We predominantly use Vue but similar framework experience also useful)
- An understanding of application security and experience working with security standards such as oAuth, ideally using Azure B2C
- Comfortable working with relational and non-relational databases
Our biggest strength is our people. We are home to talented, well-recognised industry experts, and we are committed to ensuring a bright and interesting future for all.
We work with you to develop your personal and professional skills to help you build a successful career within the firm. We aim to recruit and develop the best people who enjoy the challenge of providing the highest level of work.
We strive to build an inclusive workplace where all forms of diversity are valued, including gender, race, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability or background.
If you want to apply for this role please send your CV and a portfolio of your work along with your salary expectations and current notice period (if applicable) to our recruitment team email@example.com
PSL recruitment agencies please speak to your contact in HR before submitting CV's