At LCP we love what we do, and it shows. We help our clients make good decisions based on insightful analysis, industry expertise, and game-changing technology.
Due to continued growth we now have an exciting opportunity for a senior/principal DC consultant to join our growing team in London with a focus on the role being ESG investment.
Who are we?
Our DC consulting department comprises of around 45 dedicated DC consultants. We advise over £25 billion in DC assets, including some of the largest DC schemes in the UK. Our strong position in the market is supported by our award-winning technology which helps clients improve governance, investment and communication in their DC schemes, with the ultimate aim of achieving better outcomes for their members. Because we don't provide fiduciary management services or have links with a DC pension provider we are able to provide un-conflicted, independent advice.
What's the role?
In this role you will work closely with our Head of DC and the Head of Responsible Investment (RI) to lead in the development of LCP's DC RI proposition and help to advise DC clients on all elements of RI (which includes ESG (Environmental Social Governance) factors and stewardship). You will be part of a team of around 10 responsible investment specialists that sit within the wider LCP practice of around 140 people. In addition you will be expected to be part of pitching for new clients and to lead on existing DC client relationships. It's anticipated that the successful candidate will spend at least half of their time advising DC clients with the remaining time split between RI and training and development.
What will your key responsibilities and duties be?
- Developing LCP's view on RI and what is suitable for DC schemes
- To assess new and existing ESG product offerings and their suitability for DC clients
- Developing RI reporting for DC clients, including ESG and voting information to support the production of annual implementation statements
- Supporting the ongoing development of LCP's climate strategy modelling
- Leading investment manage research meetings, formulating views on managers and providers putting forward appropriate material to support views
- Reviewing analysis of membership and modelling output to identify appropriate investment strategies for clients
- Identifying suitable investment structures to implement strategies, considering individual client circumstances and preferences
- Conducting investment manager selection and DC provider selection exercises, leading clients to reach decisions on managers and/or providers
- Communicating clearly both internally and externally, including public speaking
- Providing input into DC and RI "thought pieces" and "blue sky" sessions
- Assessing investment management agreements and insurance policies including terms with providers
- Agreeing the basis and overseeing transfers of assets between investment managers and providers
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of new product developments and regulations that may affect client and investment managers
- Attending conferences and networking effectively with clients and prospects, building stronger relationships and increasing contacts
- Leading pitches for new DC consultancy work
- Sharing ideas and presenting persuasive arguments to colleagues and clients where needed
- Working within a team environment, including close collaboration with the investment team and providing leadership and guidance to junior team members
What qualifications, skills and qualities do you need for this role?
- Qualified in a relevant professional qualification (FIA/CFA or equivalent)
- A minimum of 7 years years experience in the DC UK pension fund investment industry
- A good understanding of current and upcoming RI regulation and its impact on DC schemes
- Excellent project management skills, including managing projects independently and knowing when it is appropriate to involve the partner or consultant the team
- Excellent time management an delegation skills with the ability to juggle variable, sometimes high, workloads
What's in it for you?
As well as joining a fun, collaborative, people orientated organisation where your personal and professional skills will be developed to make you the best you can be, we offer an attractive benefits package designed to promote your overall wellbeing so that you are able to perform to your full potential both in and out of work.
We continuously strive to build an inclusive workplace where all forms of diversity are valued, including age, background, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, religion or sexual orientation.
If you want to apply for this role please send your CV along with salary expectations and current notice period (if applicable) to our recruitment team email@example.com
In addition, if you would like to talk to someone about any adjustments you may need to assist with your application process, please contact Karina Lee (In-House Recruiter) by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a confidential conversation.
PSL recruitment agencies please speak to your contact in HR before submitting CVs