LCP has an unparalleled reputation among the consultancies as a nice place to work.
What will I do day to day?
As a firm, the work we do involves assessing the risks associated with future events and advising clients on how much money they should set aside now to be able to cover uncertain payments in the future and how that money should be invested. You’ll be involved in analysis and modelling to supply the answers and then communicating these to our clients in a way that's simple, clear and – above all – easy to understand. There are plenty of opportunities for client contact, right from early on in your career, whether by email, phone, or face-to-face at meetings or corporate events. You can find out more about what each of our teams does below and in the brochure and profiles on the right.
What areas can I work in?
You'll have the opportunity to join one of our five core departments covering our specialist areas:
- Pensions actuarial - advising trustees and employers on their pension arrangements - valuing accumulated pension commitments and helping them define and execute a pensions strategy tailored to their unique circumstances. We are also market leaders in the pension scheme de-risking space, working closely with our Investment Consulting colleagues.
- Investment Consulting - advising pension scheme trustees and employers on the best strategy for their pension scheme investments. We also advise charities and insurance companies on their investments. We search the market for the best investment managers to implement the chosen strategy, and monitor experience against our clients’ aims. Given the ever-changing economic environment, it is important that we stay up-to-date with the financial markets and how these could impact our clients.
- DC and Financial Wellbeing - Advising trustees and employers on all aspects of their DC pension schemes, from investment strategy modelling and selecting the right investment managers to contribution rates and communication strategies, all to ensure the best possible outcomes for members. We also help companies design employee financial wellbeing strategies using data analytics that help employees with their short and medium term aspirations as well as long term savings, like pensions.
- Insurance (London office only) - giving advice to general insurance companies on reserving and financial risk management, building models to calculate capital requirements, and helping insurance companies meet the Solvency II regulatory requirements.
- Analytics (including energy, health and financial modelling, London office only) - this cutting-edge team specialises in developing models and using data analytics and visualisations to help clients tackle a range of complex problems. The team’s work spans from advising the Government’s electricity policy by modelling the UK energy market, to building real time dashboards for GP surgeries to optimise patient care. The team also helps to develop the financial models used internally and externally by our pensions and investment departments.
- To find out more information about our department offerings, please click here to view our graduate brochure.
Everyone always has time to help, no matter how junior or senior! I've learnt so much thanks to the variety of work I've had and the excellent work and study support provided.
LCP CARES - our promise to our clients, our colleagues and the wider community
Watch the video to find out more about working with LCP and our client promise.