What areas can I work in?
We currently offer summer internships in the following business areas:
- Pensions Actuarial - advising trustees and employers on their pension arrangements - valuing accumulated pension commitments and helping them define and execute a pensions strategy tailored to their unique circumstances. We are also market leaders in the pension scheme de-risking space, working closely with our Investment Consulting colleagues.
- Investment Consulting - advising pension scheme trustees and employers on the best strategy for their pension scheme investments. We also advise charities and insurance companies on their investments. We search the market for the best investment managers to implement the chosen strategy, and monitor experience against our clients’ aims. Given the ever-changing economic environment, it is important that we stay up-to-date with the financial markets and how these could impact our clients.
- DC and Financial Wellbeing - Advising trustees and employers on all aspects of their DC pension schemes, from investment strategy modelling and selecting the right investment managers to contribution rates and communication strategies, all to ensure the best possible outcomes for members. We also help companies design employee financial wellbeing strategies using data analytics that help employees with their short and medium term aspirations as well as long term savings, like pensions.
- Insurance (London office only) - giving advice to general insurance companies on reserving and financial risk management, building models to calculate capital requirements and helping insurance companies meet the Solvency II regulatory requirements.
Analytics (London only) – this cutting-edge team specialises in developing models and using data analytics and visualisations to help clients tackle a range of complex problems. Graduates will be taken on in either:
- Energy analytics – modelling the GB energy market to support the transition to Net Zero, including managing a real-time data integrations platform.
- Pensions & Investment modelling – this team develops the models that support our pensions and investment services. The models are used both internally and directly by our clients.
- Pensions management consulting (London office only) – specialises in governance consulting, project management and trustee executive services. As trustee executives and pensions managers we help trustees and companies to manage their pension schemes and meet their governance responsibilities. We also provide advice and project management expertise in a number of areas, such as pensions strategy and journey planning, risk management, board effectiveness, scheme closures and benefit change exercises. Find out more here.
What will I do day to day?
As a summer intern you will get involved in the same work as our graduate trainees. So you'll be involved in a whole variety of projects and be given real responsibility from day one.
Joining any one of our key business areas you'll work on a range of clients from FTSE 100 and global companies to smaller private firms. Your tasks will include calculations by hand, writing spreadsheets and drafting letters and reports for our clients.
You'll work alongside a number of colleagues, from recently recruited graduates to experienced partners of the firm - giving you a chance to find out about their experiences of the work we do and LCP.
What's more, we are keen to present you with opportunities to meet clients. So we'll do our best to take you along to client meetings during your internship. Then you'll see first hand what being a consultant is really about.
At LCP we invest a lot of time in the training and development of our new graduates to help them progress well in their careers. We offer the same structured training and support to our summer interns.
We'll provide you with all the training you'll need for your day-to-day work. You'll also receive plenty of on-the-job training as you undertake various tasks, which we will ensure are structured to offer you the widest possible experience in all aspects of what we do.
You will be assigned a "buddy" to support you throughout your internship. They will typically be a first-year on our graduate programme, offering you a great chance to ask questions and hear their experiences with LCP - settling in, the industry, the work, the exams and of course, the social side!
LCP CARES - our promise to our clients, our colleagues and the wider community
Watch the video to find out more about working with LCP and our client promise.