Multimorbidity, living with two or more conditions, is one of the biggest challenges facing patients and health systems today.
Around one in four of the UK population have two or more chronic conditions while around 10% are estimated to have four or more conditions – a figure expected to double by 2035 and this trend is being seen globally. Driven by ageing populations and increasing inequalities this means that patients' unmet needs are more varied than ever before.
We leverage real world datasets and innovative approaches to generate evidence that identifies patient groups with the greatest unmet needs in a more holistic manner that reflects the drivers of ill health. This enables clients to better identify patient groups who will benefit most from targeted resources, in turn reducing demand on acute healthcare services.
How we can help
Identifying variations in unmet need across patient groups to refine target product profiles
- The prevalence of many chronic diseases has grown substantially yet the needs of patients vary greatly across chronic disease groups. We identify patient groups with highest unmet need of disease-specific complications and broader health need.
- We leverage real world datasets alongside traditional and innovative techniques to examine how clinical progression, health outcomes, healthcare resource usage and costs vary over time and across patient sub-groups. We harness big data to enable granular sub-group analysis according to a range of patient factors including demographic, physiological, clinical risk factors and comorbidities. Our detailed approach helps identify patient groups with highest unmet needs who will benefit most from the therapy.
- To help our clients cut through the noise of big data we develop bespoke interactive dashboards to integrate the millions of data points into an accessible and usable deliverable.
Population projections and intervention estimates
- We use cutting-edge statistical and machine learning approaches to develop burden of disease forecasts that provide detailed breakdown of the drivers of demand and how that varies across patient groups. This helps map out what trends mean for healthcare utilisation and costs with increasing granularity to inform advocacy, reimbursement negotiations and targeting patients with the highest unmet need.
- Estimating the cost-effectiveness of interventions (drugs or programmes) has been the bedrock of evidence-informed decision-making for years. We provide estimates of the impact of therapies on the projected burden of illness for specific markets of interest across a range of health and wider economic outcomes.
Evidence generation and data strategy
- We support our clients with developing their evidence generation strategies, with a particular focus on real world evidence (RWE) and value, evidence and outcomes. Leveraging our experience in clinical medicine, RWE methods, health economics and consulting, we work in a highly collaborative way with our clients to develop evidence generation plans to meet the needs of internal and external stakeholders.
- We work with clients to understand their data and data-based evidence needs, leverage our team’s expertise across the use of real world datasets, and horizon scan for innovative methodological approaches to leverage the potential of RWE through embedding forward-looking data strategies across evidence generation.
Our latest thinking
Explore our solutions
The majority of health systems use activity-based payments providers but this does not ensure patient and population health is at the heart of all decisions. We work with payers and providers to design and implement innovative reimbursement solutions that realign incentives to deliver value to patients and the wider health system.
Our work across population health management (PHM) brings clarity to decision makers with the dual aim of improving the population’s health and reducing inequalities.
We integrate a wealth of health and health-related datasets and develop bespoke interactive visualisations to make it accessible and rapid for clients to glean insights across a range of areas.
Explore our publicly-available health dashboards to see how we take real world datasets and develop dynamic, interactive data visualisations.