Why are investment managers charging more… but not actually doing more?
In our sixth survey on investment management fees we explore the fee paradox – managers’ fee rates are down, but investors are paying more. Our survey revealed that pension schemes are paying investment managers up to 70% more than they were six years ago, highlighting just how important it is for pension schemes to regularly monitor their investment managers and put negotiating pressure on them to reduce fees.
As well as exploring key issues and trends with investment fees, our investment management fees survey is a useful resource to help you:
- benchmark existing manager fee arrangements
- negotiate fee levels
- compare fees for investment manager appointments
- Summary: survey findings at a glance
- Fee survey data room: view how fees vary across managers using interactive charts - access it here
- Blog: We asked investment managers about their fees, and this is what we learnt - read it here
- Research: Our latest survey suggests that the majority of investment funds used by UK pension schemes lack any independent governance arrangements - read it here
How we can help
We help charities and endowments construct investment strategies and pick the right investment funds to both meet their financial objectives and be aligned with their missions.
We help you make important investment decisions, and make sure that your investments are performing as you need them to.
Our investment team works with trustees of DB and DC schemes to set bespoke investment strategies and select fund managers. Using our market-leading technology, we help you navigate your journey by providing you with clear, actionable insights which enable you to make better short and long-term investment decisions.