LCP Vista Autumn
2022: Regime shifts and contrasting extremes
The continuing story of 2022 is markets grappling with the first global rate-rising cycle for 15 years, alongside inflation that feels out of control and continually surprising. And that is before we even start getting into politics and geopolitics. It’s a lot to wrestle with.
Long-term investors need to raise their gaze above the immediate events and figure out what really matters for their goals.
In this edition of Vista, our nine articles help you take stock of the current moment and place the challenges and opportunities in the right context.
Who's Vista for?
Vista is for anyone thinking about the challenges and approaches to long-term investing, including investment teams and decision-makers at pension funds, wealth managers, endowments, charities and sovereign funds.
Some highlights from our magazine include:
- David Wrigley summarises where the global central bank rate-hiking cycle has got to
- Natalie Brain takes a macro perspective on the current moment and gives us the big picture and Olivia Buah surveys the scene in the bond markets
- Bo Yu takes a fresh look at how to allocate a global equity portfolio and asks – should you ever bet against America?
- A tour of new investment ideas and new takes on familiar themes: Nikki Matthews on timber, James Baldwin on sustainable infrastructure, and Nick Cooney on emerging market debt
- On sustainable investment themes, Shyam Gharial looks at how the UN Sustainable Development Goals have become a useful framework for investing and Dan Mikulskis make the case for why investors are going to be thinking a lot more about voting over coming years
How we can help
We help central banks design and implement investment strategies to get the most out of their reserves in a risk-controlled manner.
We help charities and endowments construct investment strategies and pick the right investment funds to both meet their financial objectives and be aligned with their missions.
We help our clients to maintain a competitive edge by improving their investment strategies, generating extra returns in a risk-controlled way.
Our investment team works with trustees of DB and DC schemes to set bespoke investment strategies and select fund managers. Using our market-leading technology, we help you navigate your journey by providing you with clear, actionable insights which enable you to make better short and long-term investment decisions.
Setting a good investment strategy and picking the right funds is fundamental for wealth managers and advisers to be able to deliver better outcomes for their clients. Our role is to advise clients on investment strategy and fund manager selection bringing institutional discipline to the retail market.
Every sovereign wealth fund has its own unique circumstances and challenges. As an independent consultancy, we’re not linked to any asset manager and we don’t sell investment products.