12 May 2021
As we finally start seeing real light at the end of the Covid-19 tunnel with the country opening up, show hosts Dan Mikulskis and Mary Spencer sit down with LCP's Heidi Allan who has done a huge amount of research to understand the impact of Covid-19 on people's finances and overall wellbeing with some surprising conclusions.
- Regional differences: one in three Londoners have seen a drop in income exacerbated by the high cost of living;
- 6 million accidental savers are now better off - but where are they going to put the money?;
- Overall reporting stress levels are not actually higher than a year ago, but there is a complete change in what’s driving it. Commuting and work/life-balance is out, family wellbeing and health is in;
- Work satisfaction: a surprisingly high proportion of employees are reporting high dissatisfaction with their employer. Could this trigger a big job turnover once things settle down?; and
- There is thinking to be done by employers on what they offer employees and how they communicate. Things like flexible working have never been more important.
- LCP Employee wellbeing and financial health report (2021)
- City AM: one in three Londoners suffers income fall
- The BBC: accidental savers
- Highlights from 2021 survey - see image below
How to access our podcasts
You can access all our podcasts across all major audio platforms via computer or devices.
Each LCP investment uncut podcast is for information and marketing purposes only and does not constitute any form of investment or financial advice or a financial promotion (under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000). All views expressed by the podcast hosts and guests are purely their own opinions and do not represent those of LCP, its clients or affiliates. Our podcast listeners should always seek independent financial or legal advice before making any financial or investment decisions. Please refer to the Legal Notices section on the LCP website for further information.