Season 3 Episode 27:
What we’ve learnt from (almost) 100 episodes
30 March 2022
You can listen to our podcasts online via the player below or search for 'Investment Uncut' and review, rate and subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Pocket Casts or SoundCloud.
In this episode, Dan and Mary reflect on many of the learnings that have come from the podcast so far, including some frequently asked questions such as building and targeting an audience, the practicalities, and some of the trade-offs involved like time, depth, breadth.
They go behind the scenes on the process involved in putting out the podcast each week and talk about some potential directions in the future of audio content. If you’re a fan of podcasting, you will find this interesting – we get a lot of these sorts of questions when we speak to longtime listeners, so it was great to be able to answer them.
- Investment Uncut - Book Club - Rebel Ideas with Laasya Shekaran
What's one thing to take away
- Mary: You don’t have to be an expert to be a podcast host.
- Dan: Form a theory of who your audience are, what they like, and try to deliver consistently.
The most underappreciated thing about podcasting?
- Mary: The thought process of what the next episode is and how to structure the conversation.
- Dan: It’s really challenging to edit a long recording down to a much shorter episode. And overall, how fun and rewarding it is!
How to access our podcasts
You can access all our podcasts across all major audio platforms via computer or devices.
Each LCP investment uncut podcast is for information and marketing purposes only and does not constitute any form of investment or financial advice or a financial promotion (under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000). All views expressed by the podcast hosts and guests are purely their own opinions and do not represent those of LCP, its clients or affiliates. Our podcast listeners should always seek independent financial or legal advice before making any financial or investment decisions. Please refer to the Legal Notices section on the LCP website for further information.