We help sponsors of pension schemes understand and manage the costs and risks associated with supporting their current and legacy pension schemes as well as other employee benefits. We keep our clients updated on the implications of ever-changing pension regulation to take well-informed decisions.
We work with key individuals across Finance and HR departments to ensure that:
- the benefits provided to current employees are relevant and appropriate,
- the pension benefits promised to previous employees are paid and managed appropriately,
- any spend on pension represents good value for money.
Our clients tell us that they value working with LCP as we take the time to understand their business and their objectives which we reflect throughout our advice. In addition to day to day contacts we know clients appreciate access to specialists when they need it most and our team will happily introduce the right person to make sure advice fully reflects the latest thinking. LCP's success has been built on the strength of the relationships we develop with our corporate clients. We focus on bringing you the ideas that are relevant and add genuine value to your business and your shareholders so you only need to focus on what matters.
How we can help
Our experience tells us that while there are consistent or common issues, every client needs an individual solution to suit their particular circumstances – even within the same industry two clients will face very different issues based on their culture, history and market position. The Covid-19 pandemic has shown this more clearly than ever and highlighted the risk of the unknown unknowns. Working with employers to understand their objectives, the relationship with shareholders, scheme trustees and other stakeholders allows us to create and deliver an effective and efficient pensions strategy.
Our advice is clear and communicated in plain language to help you make difficult decisions for your business in what is a complex and rapidly evolving technical area. Some areas we’ve been talking to companies about recently include:
- Journey planning: it is clear that all schemes will be considering their long-term objectives. Given the potential costs and implications for funding valuations, we think it is vital that employers have a seat at that table and engage early – our recent Leading the Way report helps in establishing that strategy
- Planning for 2020 year-end corporate accounting: we make sure that all the key points are considered in advance of the year-end to avoid surprises and facilitate a smooth year-end process
- Employee focus: with the increased complexity of different pension options and many individuals facing financial pressure we’ve been helping employers put appropriate support for members in place. Our specialist communications and financial wellbeing teams are assisting to increase engagement across members with options in both pension schemes and other company benefits
As a result, we are helping our corporate clients to keep a reign on costs, meet their statutory duties, manage risks and deliver value for their benefit spend.
- Is a Consolidator right for your pension scheme?
- Contingent funding - bridging the gap: webinar
- Funding valuations in the current climate: Corporate Action Plan
- Managing the impact of Covid-19 - pensions action plan for companies
- Addressing climate change: Action plan
- Route to buy-out for corporate sponsors
Latest viewpoint articles
How we can help
We help trustees understand and monitor the employer covenant.
Whether to enter a DB Consolidator is a complex decision. Sponsors and Trustees must be sure it is the right decision for their scheme and its members. We can help.
We help you get the best value out of your DC scheme and ensure the best possible outcomes for members.
We help you understand and report on pensions obligations and risks.
We provide real time global consulting advice, with a single point of contact, through our team of international experts and our global network of partner firms
Our tax tools help you communicate the latest tax changes to your employees in a straightforward way.
Liability management exercises can be an effective way for pension scheme sponsors to manage costs and risks, whilst also providing valuable options and information to pension scheme members.
We provide expert practical advice on the pensions issues involved when buying or selling businesses.
We work with you and your finance team to ensure that your ongoing statutory duties and compliance exercises are done quickly, efficiently and accurately.
We help our clients identify technological and data led solutions to solve the issues they face. From risk modelling for pension clients to providing insight to the energy market, we use the latest cutting-edge technology to help clients make better and more informed business decisions.