With the FTSE 100 maintaining their pension accounting surplus, it is time for companies to embark on the next stage of their pensions journey.
For the first time in two decades, 2018 saw the aggregate FTSE 100 in pensions accounting surplus throughout the whole year. Large contributions and reducing levels of pensions risk mean that members’ benefits are safer than ever before. This is good news. Coupled with future regulatory changes, it is important for companies to now build on this and develop a journey plan to secure their pension scheme that is appropriate and fair for all stakeholders.
Maintaining the IAS19 surplus and reducing the level of pensions risk within pension schemes are both positive steps for sponsors. Companies will now want to set out on the next stage of their pensions journey to develop a long term strategy and plan to secure their pension scheme in a stable and capital efficient way
What's inside Accounting for Pensions 2019?
- Foreword: Time for FTSE 100 companies to prepare and embark on the next stage of their pensions journey
- Section 1: IAS19 assumptions benchmarking
- Section 2: Rule changes and audit reform – what they mean for you
- Section 3: Executive pensions – changes on the horizon
- Section 4: The bigger picture
You might also like...
Video - key findings explained in 90 seconds with Phil Cuddeford
- Press release - Accounting standards change to hit FTSE 100 pension schemes by up to £100bn
A quick read guide to pensions accounting - preparing for the year end and how to get the best from your pensions accounting?
- Autumn 2018 report - reveals what senior corporate decision-makers really think about key pensions issues
How we can help
We help sponsors of pension schemes understand and manage the costs and risks associated with supporting their current and legacy pension schemes as well as other employee benefits.
Whether to enter a DB Consolidator is a complex decision. Sponsors and Trustees must be sure it is the right decision for their scheme and its members. We can help.
We work with you and your finance team to ensure that your ongoing statutory duties and compliance exercises are done quickly, efficiently and accurately.
We help both trustees and sponsors prepare for and deal with corporate change.
We help pension scheme trustees and sponsors to determine the ultimate destination for their scheme and help them put together a plan to get there, including how to effectively manage the risks they face along the way.