10 years on and one million pensions in the UK have now been insured through buy-ins and buy-outs
Our annual report on the buy-in, buy-out and longevity swap market is now in its tenth year. We look at how the market has developed over the past 10 years since the first pensioner buy-in in 2007. 2016 marked a key milestone with the pensions of over one million people in the UK now insured through a buy-in or buy-out.
Looking forward, with pensioner buy-in pricing at its most favourable level since 2011, relative to holding gilts, we predict that buy-in and buy-out volumes will set a new record of over £15bn in 2017.
What's inside pensions de-risking 2016?
- Review of 2016 and our predictions for 2017;
- Current pricing opportunities;
- Outlook for supply and demand in 2017;
- Solvency II – what impact has it had?
- How to use a de-risking framework to combine investment and longevity risk;
- Options for smaller pension plans; and
- Case studies on buy-ins by Aggregate Industries and ICI Pension Fund plus smaller scheme buy-outs and medically underwritten buy-ins
How we can help
We are market leaders at each stage of de-risking, including planning, investment strategy, transactional services and wind up.
We support trustees and employers through the complex process of winding up a scheme.
We help companies manage and mitigate their pensions risks and costs.
We help companies navigate through the complexity of pensions provision.
We help trustees achieve their strategic goals, with solution-led, appropriate advice.
LCP LifeAnalytics is a unique tool that allows you to measure the longevity risk in your pension scheme.
Our intuitive, real-time pensions technology allows you to see the information you need when you need it, helping you to make decisions.