What’s on the cards
for the de-risking market in 2023?
LCP’s longevity de-risking team consider what might lie ahead for the de-risking market in 2023.
In this short report, read their key predictions for 2023 and explore how this might impact schemes that are considering insurance through a buy-in, buy-out or longevity swap.
LCP’s top five predictions for 2023
- Buy-in/out volumes will reach a new record this year, breaking the £44 billion record set in 2019
- Pricing will continue to be attractive for schemes preparing properly, but schemes will need to work harder than before to secure active insurer participation
- There will be fewer partial buy-ins, more full buy-ins and some longevity swaps
- New innovation will help to address the illiquid asset challenges faced by some schemes ahead of insurance
- The chance of a new insurer entering the buy-in/out market is the highest for some years
How we can help
We are market leaders at each stage of de-risking, including planning, investment strategy, transactional services and wind up.
We help pension scheme trustees and sponsors to determine the ultimate destination for their scheme and help them put together a plan to get there, including how to effectively manage the risks they face along the way.
We help trustees achieve their strategic goals, with solution-led, appropriate advice.